If you look, you’ll probably see a car accident every day on your way to work. Usually, these are minor fender benders. They’re cleaned up within an hour and the drivers can go about their business. But sometimes, injuries caused by a car accident can be serious. These injuries may be so bad that you’re left unable to work.
Car accident lawyers in Indianapolis are trained to get their clients the compensation they deserve. They’ll negotiate with the insurance company to settle your claim. And, if need be, they’ll file a lawsuit on your behalf. They’ll do whatever it takes to get you justice.
Justice may mean that the other driver pays to get your car fixed. Or, it may mean that their insurance company has to pay for your medical bills. You shouldn’t really care who pays, as long as you aren’t left holding the bag. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket if the accident wasn’t your fault.
This is why you should retain an experienced car accident lawyer in Indianapolis. They’ll focus on the legal side of things so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
If You’re Lucky, You’ll Suffer Only Minor Injuries
Thankfully, most accidents are minor. The people involved suffer only minor bumps and bruises. They get treated at the hospital and are released the same day. Other accidents, however, are a lot more serious. The accident victims may end up in the hospital for days or even weeks.
Some of the minor injuries you may suffer include:
- Lacerations – If you hit the windshield, you may end up with scratches and cuts on your face and neck. Or, your seatbelt may cut your shoulders or chest. Usually, these injuries can be treated easily and they’ll heal in no time.
- Broken Bones – While they may sound very serious, broken bones are actually very minor injuries. Unless you break your neck, escaping an Indiana car accident with just a broken arm or leg can be a blessing. If treated properly, these injuries will heal just fine.
- Bruises and Contusions – Most people don’t escape a car accident without at least some bumps and bruises. While these may hurt and appear unsightly, they aren’t serious and don’t require hospitalization or surgery.
If you only suffer minor injuries, there’s a good chance your insurance claim will be approved. Insurance adjusters are more likely to approve a claim for a lower amount than if you suffer very serious injuries.
Your Attorney Will Get You Compensation For Your Injuries Caused by a Car Accident
Some people aren’t so lucky when it comes to their car accident injuries. You may end up with injuries that put you in the hospital for weeks or months. You may need surgery or physical therapy. You could sustain injuries that require you to stay at a physical rehabilitation center for months on end.
These types of injuries can cause you to miss a lot of time from work. If this happens, you’ll be entitled to compensation. Your Indiana injury attorney will demand the following:
- Medical Bills and Future Medical Bills – The defendant will be liable for your medical bills. They’ll also be responsible for any future medical care you may need. Your lawyer will submit evidence showing what kind of care you need. They’ll also produce evidence showing how much this care will cost.
- Lost Wages – If you miss a significant amount of time from work, you’ll be entitled to lost wages. You can submit proof of how much time you’ve missed using timesheets and paystubs. The defendant should have to pay whatever wages you’ve lost
While certain injuries are considered more serious than others, the following injuries may keep you out of commission for a while:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Broken neck
- Knee injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Back injuries
Your Indianapolis car accident lawyer will fight to get you compensation for these injuries.
Contact a Skilled Injury Attorney in Indianapolis
If you have injuries caused by a car accident, you should call a skilled car accident lawyer in Indianapolis. They can review your case and let you know what they think your case may be worth. They can also answer any questions you may have.
Call Rowe & Hamilton today and schedule your initial consultation. It’s absolutely free and you pay nothing until you settle your case. The defendant will have a lawyer working for them and you should too.